About

Friday, August 27, 2010

IKEA Fridays... Meet BYHOLMA

I love IKEA.  I love its vision, mission, and business model.  My love affair with IKEA first started in the 80s.  I had never heard of IKEA until I came across a catalog at my cousins' house in Canada.  I was hooked!  I loved going there and curling up with their IKEA catalogs.  I think I was around 10 years old.  Strange then, makes sense now.  :)  So this led me to my next inspiration... IKEA Fridays.  Every week, I'll highlight a piece that I love or have been inspired by.

This week...meet BYHOLMA.  I've always liked rattan and wicker furniture.  (For those of you are curious, the difference between rattan and wicker is that rattan is a material and wicker is a process.)  I like it because it's casual, affordable and can be dressed up or down.  I've had a rattan chair for over 10 years that I've used as an office chair and a side chair and it still looks great.  At $79, this is a great deal.  I love the color of this chair the best.  The aged gray is perfect!  It can be used as a dining chair of course, or a pair of them would look great in a living room, family room, even a bedroom sitting area.  Here she is as a dining chair in Canadian House and Home.



Here's a similiar chair from Restoration Hardware in that fabulous grey.


ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

2 comments:

jmark said...

I wouldn't have imagined that chair looking so sophisticated and classic without seeing it here. Gorgeous!

Rebecca A. Maynard said...

now I stop talking to everybody else, hope that tomorrow I can find everything what I'm looking for in your factory.”
iron gate

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...