So here it goes, pictures of Evie's ceiling project. I love how the final product turned out. It's fresh, a little whimsical and just happy. Again, the color is Robins Nest from Benjamin Moore. The final picture doesn't quite do it justice. It looks much better in person, and there are many more projects left to do. You'll notice that the ceiling light is next on my list. :)
This project was fairly easy. I broke it down into several steps and each step took about an hour and a half. Most of time I started around 11 and ended up in bed at a somewhat reasonable hour. :P The actual painting part was pretty easy and surprisingly relaxing, especially with the house being so quiet. I used a 1 1/2 in. stiff angled brush. Worked great!
Here's how I did it:
The white trim was actually an after thought. I was not completely sold on the scalloping initially and was a little worried. I was hoping that a little white paint would jazz it up and it totally did the trick!