About

Monday, June 13, 2011

WHY IT WORKS - Norah's Nursery

I'm happy to report we made great progress on Evie's room last week!  We painted the ceiling and the scalloped border.  I'll be posting pictures tomorrow.

This photo of Norah's Nursery was one of inspirations for the color palette for Evie's room.  This one of the first photos I saw on ohdeedoh and always thought I would come back to it.  Here's what else I love about this room!


WHY IT WORKS:

  • The wall color, Robins Nest by Benjamin Moore is really beautiful!  This was one of the few times that I did not do a test patch before buying a whole can.  I just fell in love with the color.  We used it on the ceiling only and left the wall color as is, a creamy off white.  It did not dissapoint, I love the color in Evie's room.  It looks soft, bright and happy, perfect for a kids room.  I'd totally recommend this color if you're considering it.
  • Yellow accents.  Did you see that adorable crib?  That bright yellow is the perfect complement to the soft blue/green.  I'm hoping to put in some bright accents into Evie's room through some accent painting on furniture and maybe bright yellow grosgrain ribbon on a white lampshade.
  • Window treatment.  I love the simple valances that can be made from any fabric slipped through a simple rod.  I'd just need to finish off the edges and sew a little pocket for the rod.

(via ohdeedoh)

Click here for the full tour of Norah's lovely space.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...