It feels like it's been awhile since I did a proper WHY IT WORKS post so I'm making up for lost time by posting 3 gorgeous photos today. These are from the newest Serena and Lily catalog. Drool worthy once again! What I love about Serena and Lily's look is that it always feels well traveled, collected, fresh and approachable.
Here are a few more specifics about what I love!
- Unexpected chandelier. I'm a sucker for great lighting!
- Color Palette. Coral, pale yellow, soft blue and lavender. Gorgeous!
- Mix of textures. Ceramic lamp, silk shade, weathered wood console table, metallic coffee table mixed with great textiles. Perfection.
- What a great example of that white 4 poster bed I talked about a few weeks back. Simple, but adds just a hint of drama.
- White. I'm really drawn to the freshness of this all white room. Walls, window treatments and furniture. White does not have to feel cold. This room feels airy and calming.
- Finishing touches. Loving the gorgeous chandlier, artwork and bed linens.
- Color Palette. Orange, white and soft aqua. Love it.
- Saturated colors. Blues, teals, and greens all broken up with just the right amount of white.
- Wall art placement. Kids need to have art hung at their level. These pictures are placed for perfect viewing for the kids who will be hanging out in here.
- Texture. Love the woven stools and the metal lantern. Style belongs in kid spaces too!
- By the way... love the floor? Serena painted it!
So seriously, do you think these rooms are as beautiful as I do? :)