About

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Score at IKEA!

I went to IKEA last night just to pick up 3 RIBBA frames and I had a list of a few things I wanted to check out in person.  This trip was more of a scouting expedition.  I wanted to check out BADALEN, an upholstered headboard.  This headboard mounts directly to the wall and would be perfect for my daughter's room.  I alreay have a platform bed and all I'm looking for is an upholstered headboard to soften it up.


The shape was basic enough, and I figured this would be a timeless piece that I could easily reupholster over and over again.  It's $199.99, which I thought was a little steep, but I just wanted to check it out. 

Boy, was I happy when I saw that it was on sale for $49.99!  I think they're discontinuing it.  I GOT IT!  Run out to your local IKEA if you're interested too!

The blue stripe fabric doesn't even come attached, it's a slipcover which is perfect!  I don't even need to use it and I can just go ahead and staple my own fabric around it.  :) 

I'm using this room from Monday as my inspiration.



I've been doing some fabric research and here are some front runners.  These are all from buyfabrics.com and are less than $10.00/yd.  I have my favorites.  Which ones are yours?

  




2 comments:

volswife said...

Nice score!! I like the damask pattern, is that pink or lilac? Can't wait to see the finished project!

Jen said...

Thanks for the tip - went and scored one myself and love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...