About

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Transforming our Loft

Over the past few weeks, my husband I have spent many late nights working on moving my workspace into our loft.   As you know if you have kids, most home improvement projects don't start till after everyone is asleep and goes into the wee hours of the night!  This space is FAR from done!  But I did want to show you  the bare bones of the space. Here's the before and after:

Before


After

I was inspired by this craftroom I featured awhile back.  I definitely wanted some closed storage for all my not so attractive craft stuff, so the mounted cabinets were a must!  I also wanted to keep everything neutral so that I would have a blank canvas on which to add fun accessories!  This project is also done on a very tight budget.  The only things that were purchased new were the 2 upper EFFECTIV cabinets and the 2 EKBY BJARNUM shelves from IKEA.  The total so far is about $150. 

Now.. for the fun part!  Accessorizing!  Here are some things that I've been eyeing.


stripe tumblers from westelm



prints from jones design company
 

Martha Stewart Paint in Hosta
maybe to add a frame around the bulletin board
  

wire chair from overstock.com


or splurge on this Eames plastic chair

Still researching rugs.  I'm loving this one from Dwell, but not loving the price.  :P 
I'm open to suggestions!


2 comments:

seattlegal said...

Looks good.

In my case, projects never get finished as I never have time to work on them. By the time the kids go to bed, I'm tired myself. :-(

Tabitha Levine said...

Heello mate great blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...