WHY IT WORKS:
- Single wall mounted mirrors. I really think these mirrors are such a nice upgrade from the one mirror panel found in most homes. If you're remodeling or building a home, this is a great place to upgrade. It's high impact.
- Vanity. I love that this vanity looks like a real piece of furniture, but it isn't. It adds character and warmth and the exposed legs really help to lift it up off the ground.
- Baskets. Texture is a key design principle that makes a subtle, but big difference in the feel of a room. The wire baskets in this room are really beautiful.
- Decorative containers. I spend a lot of time trying to find really beautiful ways to store and display everyday objects. It makes such a big visual impact. Glass canisters, jars, woven baskets and trays are everywhere and at every price point. Take the extra effort, you'll really enjoy the difference.
- Lighting. A good rule of thumb is to mount vanity lighting on the side of the mirrors rather than on top. The lighting is just much more flattering.
- Bath mats and rugs. Consider using regular rugs instead of bathmats. I really like the look of this natural woven rug in this room. You'll want to stay away from wool and stick to natural woven rugs, indoor/outdoor rugs or cotton rugs.