About

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkins and the Slow Family Movement



The week before Halloween, we made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.  This year, we went to a small family owned  farm and had a great time! 




It was incredibly charming and our kids had a great time running around with the animals, feeding them and playing in the barn!  I don't know about you, but every time I come to a place like this, I get a small tug to get out of the "burbs", and create a life that's a tad slower and simpler.

I know living on a farm or rural living is certainly no easy task, but I believe there's something special about it for kids and adults alike.  It forces us to live in a way where we understand the importance and joy of work, and of taking care of things and people other than ourselves.



A few months back, I read a great article on a movement called the Slow Family Movement. Here's just a short quote from the article, "My dream is that I have a home where my kids want to return and spend time..."  Click here if you'd like to read more about it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...