About

Monday, November 22, 2010

Why It Works - Thanksgiving Tables

(from marthastewart.com)

WHY IT WORKS:  For this week, I've gathered some of my favorite table setting images to inspire your Thanksgiving table.

There are a few things that all these images have in common:

INSPIRATION
  • White dishware.  I love white, it is so versatile!
  • Low centerpieces.  They are easier to create and much better for conversation.
  • Natural elements.  Notice all the squashes, nuts, gourds, leaves that are used.  Nothing says fall more beautifully than these natural elements.
  •  Linens, notice how creatively linens are placed and used.  You really can find beautiful and inexpensive fabrics at the fabric/craft store and use them as table cloths or runners.  No sewing required!

I love the look of table runners.  You can easily make this with just 1 yard of fabric, cut in 1/2. 
I love how the napkins are placed too.


Great use of natural elements.  Artichokes and pumpkins. 
You can find everything while you're at the grocery store!


 
More pumpkins and I always love using white christmas lights on a mantle. 
Always homey and festive!

 
I love how they laid the runners across the table vertically and the
acorns in the hurricane.  Simple and chic!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...