WHY IT WORKS:
- In my opinion, there are a few key reasons Melanie's decor works so well. First is color. Even with her holiday decor, Melanie stays true to the creamy color palette of her home, so everything flows seamlessly. The best way to acheive this is with careful editing.
- Natural elements. Adding natural elements is fool proof. It adds life and texture to any space. I love how the natural elements she used still ties into her color palette, using creams and whites.
- Mixing old and new. Her home is so interesting to look at because so many of the pieces look like they could tell a story. Whether truly aged or aged looking, mixing old and new is a great way to add interest.
|(Hot chocolate making station! It doesn't get much more welcoming than this!)|
|(Christmas balls in an urn. Simple and beautiful.)|
|(White poinsettia, beautiful)|
|(Paperwhites and reindeer moss. Nice)|
|(An understated, yet festive mantle)|
- Be a careful editor. Remember, you don't have to display everything, all at once. What feel do you want to convey this year? What's your color palette? Red/Green? Metallics? Creams? Commit to it.
- Add natural elements. There are so many options for holiday decorating! They all look great! Branches, greenery, holly, poinsettias, paperwhites, and amaryllis, even cyclamen. I also love miniature lemon cypress trees like these.
- In the end, anything that brings you joy and peace this season goes! The holidays are about traditions and family. So, if you really love your singing reindeers and snowmen... GO FOR IT and HAVE FUN! :D