About

Friday, May 6, 2011

IKEA FRIDAYS - Meet PRANT

This week, meet PRANT, one of IKEA's lesser known storage bins.  I think most of you are familiar with baskets like the BRANAS basket, but while researching bins/boxes for toy storage, I discovered PRANT. 



The PRANT boxes come in a 4 different sizes ranging from $6.99 to $12.99.  They are simple, clean and contemporary and since they are made out of plywood, they can be stained or painted any color to match your room.  Here's an image of PRANT in action that I saw over at ohdeedoh.com.  All you need for this look are PRANT boxes, binder clips and paint.  Cool huh?




A quick organizing tip:  MEASURE first!  Take a look at your shelves and measure the depth, width and height.  Also, measure or at least have a good idea of exactly what you want to store.  Big game boxes?  Puzzles?  Toy cars?  Stuffed animals?  This will make your final purchase that much more effective.  I used to get on an organizing spree and I'd run to the store and buy a random mix of boxes and bins.  I'd bring them home only to realize they don't fit my stuff or my space.  :P  Which means another trip to the store!  Have you done that too?

Have a great Mother's Day weekend!  May all you moms out there feel treasured, loved and hopefully a little more pampered and rested!  See you Monday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...