About

Monday, May 16, 2011

WHY IT WORKS - A Well Design Dining Room

I apologize for the lack of posts last week.  On top of some technical difficulty with blogger last Friday, I've been overwhelmed a bit with the ins and outs of life that I've hardly had time to catch some zzzs, let alone indulge in blogging.  I'm grieving with some close friends who are dealing with a tragic, and sudden loss, we're going through a period of transition in our family and my husband has been in an extremely demanding season of work, and me... well just trying to hold down the fort with my 3 little buddies as best as I can.  One day I even tried to start potty training, only to reazlize, now might not be the best time.   I'm sure you've all been there... there are seasons where you just try to hang on!  (and so I hang...)  :)

So... without futher delay... here's our inspiration photo for this week.  This is a beautiful dining room.  It does not feel overly designed, it's easy, personal and well put together.  I just look at it and say,  "ahhh..."  I've had this saved on my computer for almost a year now and the link to the original post has now been removed.  Usually I like to link you back to the source, but this time, I'll just link you back to the blog where I first saw it, My Sweet Savannah.


WHY IT WORKS:

  • Blown up black and white photos.  WORK EVERY TIME!
  • Mixing materials and textures.  I love the sleek/modern surfaces of the the lighting, the rustic texture of the table and the natural texture of the chairs.
  • Color.  This is one of all time favorite color palettes.  Creams, lime green, and chocolate brown for grounding.


(via mysweetsavannah.blogspot.com)


INSPIRATION:

  • Print, enlarge and display those photos!  Even blurry and off centered photos look great blown up in black and white.  Those will be your artistic shots.  :)
  • I'm loving all the gray/white washed furniture out there.  Think of all the beautiful pieces from Restoration Hardware!  Cost Plus has become a great source of similiar furniture and at a fraction of the cost.  
  • Wicker Chairs.  I love incorporating these into any space, dining or living.  It adds such a great natural touch while keeping the overall look clean and contemporary. 


(via mysweetsavannah.blogspot.com)



  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...